Saturday 30 November 2019

where I've been for what feels like forever


Am I even allowed to say 'long time no see' anymore? 

The only post I have done since 2016 (yes it has been that long, wow) has been a 'hi I'm back' post in May last year and then I disappeared again. And the only explanation I really have, is that I just fell out of love with my blog and life became a bit shit for a while.


The main reason why I think I fell out of love with it, is because I felt like I didn't fit into the blogger community very well and it is 100% my fault, I realise now. I spent way too much time stressing over the layout, the theme, the content, the photos (all of which are still as shit now as they were back then) that I didn't get myself involved with other bloggers. I didn't communicate as much as I could have, I didn't attend blog events I got invited to - I just distanced myself but kept uploading content. And as you can imagine, after a while it got very lonely and very monotonous, so I just stopped and have regretted it for a long time. 

I think I mentioned in my previous post last year, that life wasn't the kindest to me. I lost my mum in May 2017, which was by far the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with and I'm still adjusting to life without her now. I had to have my appendix removed in August of that year, then my tonsils in April last year. Since then and since that last post, I had an operation to sort out my deviated septum, so I could breathe (or thats what was supposed to be the outcome) in August last year. That operation didn't work so I had revision surgery on it earlier on this year in June, a week after coming back from a lovely holiday in Gran Canaria with my boyfriend (see photo above for the beautiful view from our balcony) and let's just say it did not go to plan and I became very ill after a ruptured artery during the operation. I'm going to do another mental health update when I feel ready to, in which I'll explain everything a bit better, hopefully. But right now it's just not something I'm ready to go into on here.

However, all that aside, I'm honestly really excited to start blogging again and I think it will really benefit my mental health and give me something to focus on - which I need right now. 

If you have got this far, thank you. If you are a returning reader, I'm glad you have stuck around. And if you are new, welcome to my shit blog ha! As I mentioned before, I am wanting to connect with bloggers a lot more this time round, make new friends and rekindle with old ones. 

So that being said, please do leave a comment with your blog and your twitter or insta, so I can go over and give you a follow. I'm looking forward to the next step of this journey for my blog and I hope I make it worthwhile enough for you to come on the journey with me. 

Much love, 

your photo name
Twitter  | Instagram
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© krystalcx | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig