Wednesday 2 December 2015

The Perfect Hot Chocolate | Blogmas Day 2


I am LOVING doing blogmas already and we are only 2 days in. This is my first christmas with my blog so I wanted to go all out at my favourite time of year. I have already put up my christmas decorations and have been blasting christmas music, watching christmas films every evening and wearing my christmas jumpers for about 2 weeks now, so I think it's safe to say that I am very much in the Christmas spirit.


For me, there is simply nothing better than curling up in bed, with tonnes of blankets in an evening, lighting your favourite candle and watching your most loved christmas film at this time of year. Do you know what makes it even better? A hot chocolate. I am a sucker for a nice hot drink and this recipe that I'm going to share with you is perfect for this occasion and it's super easy to make!

Ingredients 
(serves 4-6)

- 600ml milk
- 100g chopped chocolate (of your choice)
- 1/2 tbsp nutmeg
- marshmallows
- whipped cream

Method

- Combine the milk, chocolate and nutmeg into a pan and gently bring to the boil. Stirring until smooth.
- Take off the heat and pour into a mug
- Add in the marshmallows and top with whipped cream to finish off
- If you want to be really fancy you can sprinkle chocolate over the top of the cream (I am definitely doing this next time!)


There you have it. It really is THAT simple. This recipe would taste amazing with 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon in it also to add that extra hint of spice. I unfortunately couldn't add it into mine because I'm allergic to it (sigh because I loooooove cinnamon!) but I know that it tastes and smells absolutely incredible!

Remember: You do not have to follow my recipe completely. You can take ingredients out or add others in to suit your desires. This is just how I like to make my hot chocolate.

Hope you enjoy this perfect little treat as much as I do! It's certainly one to make if you have friends or family round. You'll most definitely win them over!

Did you try this recipe? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments below!
Don't forget to click here and follow my blog over on Bloglovin
lots of love, 
 photo 45B4A4D3D8A7837335CCE8773E0D523A_zpsdypcxcqb.png
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© krystalcx | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig