Saturday 7 November 2015

A Little Taste of Heaven: Butterfly Cupcake Recipe


Baking is one of my favourite hobbies. I usually watch countless amounts of baking videos on youtube or find myself engrossed in recipe books quite a lot of the time and then cannot resist trying out all the mouthwatering recipes I come across! Whenever I find myself stressed out or needing to unwind and relax, I bake! It's become an addiction (that I 100% don't feel guilty about!) Cupcakes and cookies are probably my speciality (I say that as if I'm a professional, but lets get this straight, I'm not!)
Some of the quickest and easiest cupcakes I love to bake are the traditional and well-loved butterfly cupcakes! They are so incredibly simple to make, but taste AMAZING! So I thought I would share with you lovely people, how to make these tempting little treats!


Ingredients
for the cupcakes:
- 120g self-raising flour
- 120g butter
- 120g caster sugar
- 2 eggs 
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
for the buttercream icing:
- 220g icing sugar 
- 110g butter
- milk
Method
- Firstly you will want to preheat your oven to 180C / Gas Mark 6
- Carefully mix the flour, sugar and baking powder together in a large bowl until combined
- Add the eggs and the butter and mix until creamed
- Grab a cupcake tin and lay out 12 cases
- With a teaspoon, fill the cake cases with the mixture. Give them all an equal amount and don't fill them right to top (about 2/3 full is a good estimate)
- Put in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Once done, take them out, place on a cooling rack and allow them to completely cool
Time to make the icing (yay!)
- Mix the butter and half of the icing sugar together and once combined, add the remaining sugar and a dash of milk and continue mixing until fully combined
- To make the butterfly decoration, use a sharp knife to cut a shallow circle/cone shape out of the top of the cake. With that, cut it in half and place to one side. 
- Fill the hole in the cake with the icing and then place the halves back on top (should look like wings...see the images at the top of this post)
- For added decoration you can sprinkle some icing sugar on the top of the cakes to give it a frosty look
THEN YOU ARE READY TO EAT THEM! It really is that simple! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Did you try this recipe? What did you think of them? What other baking recipes would you like me to try? 
Don't forget to click here and follow my blog over on Bloglovin
lots of love,
 photo 45B4A4D3D8A7837335CCE8773E0D523A_zpsdypcxcqb.png
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© krystalcx | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig