Wednesday 1 July 2015

Healthy Breakfast Smoothie


There is simply nothing better than having a fresh fruit smoothie in a morning to fully wake you up and give you all the nutrients and energy needed to start the day! If you struggle to get fruit into your diet then this is a quick and tasty way to do so. I like to have my smoothies in a morning because of how little time it takes to make and they are a perfect to-go breakfast if you don't have much time before you have to head out or get on with your daily routine.


In my opinion smoothies are a healthier alternative to fruit juices because blending fruit keeps all the fibre intact. (woop!) I also like to add oats into my smoothies to give it a thicker and more filling consistency and to kick start my protein intake for the day and especially since the weather has been very warm in the UK these past couple of days, I find using frozen berries and or a few blocks of ice even better as it makes it extra chilled (perfect!)

The good thing about this type of smoothie is that you can adapt it to your liking. (If you are having this before or after a workout you could always add in some protein powder!)

To see how I make this beauty of a Strawberry and Banana smoothie carry on reading. Enjoy!

Ingredients

2 handfuls of frozen strawberries
1 banana
1 teaspoon of honey
4 tablespoons of oats
1/2 a cup of almond milk

Method 

Simply chop the banana and the strawberries and add them into your blender along with all the other ingredients and blend until smooth.

That is literally it, can you believe it? For something that takes so little time to prepare it tastes soooo good!

Do you like smoothies in a morning? What other healthy breakfast recipes do you know of? Let me know if you try this recipe! 


Don't forget to click here and follow my blog over on Bloglovin
lots of love, 


 photo 45B4A4D3D8A7837335CCE8773E0D523A_zpsdypcxcqb.png
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love making my own version of this Strawberry and Banana Smoothie! It's pretty similar to yours, but I don't use the oats (seems interesting though, I might try using some next time) and I add some quinoa on top. :)
    -Melissa
    http://thehopefulwayfarer.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use oats to make it thicker and more filling, it gives out a lot of fibre and protein and makes it taste great to! you should try it :) Quinoa on top sounds interesting!!

      Delete

© krystalcx | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig